Megabus - Worst Customer Service / Lack of Professionalism / No Refund

69 of 748 Megabus reviews

6/30/16 - Ordered a roundtrip ticket from Oakland to Anaheim for the upcoming 4th of July weekend.Come to find out my departure date wasn't correct.

Naturally I contact the company to discuss options to correct the error. Yes, the error was on my part. I misread the date. I thought it said I was departing Friday (7/1/16) at 8pm and arrive Saturday (7/2/16) at 4am.

Instead it read I was leaving Saturday (7/2/16) at 8pm instead. Obviously that won't do. First customer rep was 'Claudia' who at first was nice about the situation. I advised her of my error and she said I could either change my date or get a refund.

We went over the dates but the times weren't ideal. I chose for a refund. She then said I would have to select another departure time. I then was confused.

I asked her what about the refund at which point she clarified a refund can't be given and I would have to repurchase my ticket and that my initial purchase would be refunded in 5-7 business days per their terms. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she went into a well scripted speech about the terms and even spoke louder into the phone and hung up. I called back, she picked up again, said the exact same thing and refused to switch me over to a supervisor/manager. Then hung up.

Called back, spoke to 'Will Moore' who advised the same thing and hung up. Called back, the line picked up and then hung up. Called back and then it rang for 10 minutes and 3 seconds and then hung up. Literally.

I've been listening to the ringing as I write this. Just to show you get what you pay for. True the deals are great, however, the peace of mind isn't. The wasted time isn't.

The lack of professionalism isn't. The overall experience isn't. I advised them I would post this if they wouldn't let me simply talk to a supervisor and they said to write it. Their lack of concern in this digital age is hilarious.

The power of a review is powerful indeed. Next stop is the BBB website followed by Yelp followed by Google followed by Ripoffreport.com. Do I still have to take this trip?? Yes.

Yes I do. I'm forced now. So I'll log back into the website and adjust the time since I already bought the ticket. But the damage has been done.

Never again will I use Megabus. I will make sure no one else has to feel what I just endured. People spend that extra money and go with alternative modes of transportation. This isn't worth it.

Trust me. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and to Megabus if you're listening ...I hope greyhound does to you like what Uber is doing to the Taxi service right now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Transport
review #874660

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Megabus? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
69 of 748 Megabus reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.