2.3
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

I got to the bus five minutes before it was scheduled to leave, but then realized I didn't have my phone with the reservation number, which I had in the car just seconds earlier. So I told the driver I must have dropped my phone in the car, and ran back to look for it.

I only found it just after the bus was pulling away...the driver didn't even wait a minute past the departure time! So I ran up to the bus which was now at a stop light a dozen yards away, and showed the driver I had found my phone. He saw me, shook his head and drove off!! I was extremely pissed at his uncaring attitude -- what person with a good heart would not just pull over (he was in the curb lane and there was lots of space to do so) and let me on??

Would one minute made a difference? I've taken Megabus enough to know that half the time, the Megabus is to arrive or depart, and we have to wait. Now they can't wait one minute more for a customer?? The other people on the bus must have been rooting for me, and then felt sorry for me.

After that I called Megabus customer service and told them what happened.

The customer service rep, Shawntel, had no reaction and then asked me if I wanted to make another reservation. I said not over the phone, but maybe online. He then asked if there was anything else he could do for me, so I said it would be great if Megabus could give me a refund or credit, even in part, for me missing my bus due to this rude driver. Shawntel the service rep just said "no, we can't do that" and asked again if there was anything else he could do for me.

I said "apparently not" and he hung up. Angry

This whole experience is terrible, but not my first bad experience with Megabus--I've had many: very late buses, unmarked buses (not the usual blue and gold), no onboard wi-fi as promised, cramped seats, and even one time when our bus broke down at night on the highway about 45 min from Cleveland, and we had to wait 3 hours(!) for another bus, and were not offered any apology emails, refunds, or credits.

If there were more bus options here besides Megabus and Greyhound...then maybe we'd get better prices, better buses, and better service. Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Vehicle Driver.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Prices, Clean buses.

I didn't like: Rude driver, Unreliable wifi, No wifi, Unmarked buses.

Comments

LOL... I reckon you saw just how much difference 1 minute can make.

Not sure why you thought you should be comped because YOU weren't ready to go with the rest of the passengers. The bus is on a schedule and isn't sticking around for a clown who doesn't have enough sense to be more than 5 minutes early and ready to travel. Kudos to the driver for leaving you.

Thanks for the what not to do if you're a adult travelling by bus post... #loser