85 views

Tuesday, September 4, DC-Richmond, VA 6:35 PM. The bus had no a/c (due to DC laws against idling. And this is alright.) The bus departure was delayed. Two drivers were arguing on something oblivious of people sweating, protesting, and in one case, feeling sick. No apologies from the driver when finally we started moving. The entire attitude of Megabus staff was of contempt.

It is something that I have noticed lately (I commute by Megabus because I hate driving) since the typology of patrons has become like the one of Greyhound: Megabus staff is more and more rude and careless, as if they were carrying inmates (which would be despicable anyway, as all human beings deserve respect.)

It was more than 100 degrees. People were sweating like a sauna I went to speak to the Megabus staff, and, initially, they were quite verbally aggressive. They calmed down only when they realized that I have a law degree, am a university professor, and was about to file a complaint. A passenger next to me was getting sick for the heat.

Plus, unlike Eastern Bus (AKA China Bus) Megabus charges fees and taxes in addition to the cost of the ticket. All this has become annoying, to the point that probably I will start driving. Too bad, because two-three hours driving are a total waste of time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Air Conditioner Facility.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments