New York, New York
2.9K views

On the evening of April 30th, I purchased a MegaBus ticket from Philadelphia to

New York . Unfortunately, I

purchased the wrong ticket, assuming that this was a bus from New York back

to Philadelphia. Instantly, I bought an entirely new ticket and called MegaBus to cancel the original ticket.

MegaBus did not accommodate my request so I emailed the customer service. I was promised a response in 3-5 days but did not receive a response until 2 months later stating, "Megabus.com reservations cannot be cancelled or refunded. Megabus.com is not

responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic, road conditions,

weather or other causes over which it has no control."

I am always a loyal customer to MegaBus and always appreciate its cost-efficient and safe travels. However, I would like the first ticket reservation to be refunded. The total amount was $16.50 after taxes. I refuse to continue using MegaBus if my ticket is not refunded, as many of my peers have also denied MegaBus after continuous disappointments.

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Comments

same thing here. they have to change their policy. or greyhound as bad as they are will be getting my money

@Anonymous

SUCH A HORRIBLE DISSERVICE TO THE PUBLIC AND ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT EVENTUALLY THEY WILL LOSE SO MUCH BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THEIR POLICIES AND THE INCOMPETENCE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES! IF YOU SPOKE TO A SUPERVISOR YOU GET THE SAME BEHAVIORS WHICH EXPLAINS THE POOR SERVICE!

ALL OF THE ONES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED HAVE BEEN PHONE BULLIES! LOLOL WILL SAY ANYTHING OVER THE PHONE BECAUSE THEY ARE OVER THE PHONE!!! I GUARENTEE YOU IF YOU MEET THEM OUT THEY WOULD NEVER THINK TO SAY THE THINGS THEY SAY TO ANYONE FACE TO FACE! THE POLICIES ARE RIDICULOUS NO REFUNDS???

SO YOU FORCE THE PUBLIC TO TRAVEL WHEN THEY HAVE HAD A CHANGE IN PLANS??? THEN IF YOU CHANGE THE TICKET THERES A $10 FEE THEY QUOTE YOU BUT THE SITE CLEARLY SAYS $7???I HAVE USED THIS SERVICE FOR QUITE AWHILE BUT I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

I RATHER PAY A HIGHER COST IN A FLIGHT AND RECIEVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN SAVE A FEW DOLLARS AND BE TREATED LIKE CATTLE! RULE OF THUMB PEOPLE, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..

GaudyHorseshoeCrab231

I don't use mega bus for this reason. anything can happen if u reserve a month or a few weeks before. At least let us pay for a protection plan.

SkeletalLadybug166
@GaudyHorseshoeCrab231

This megabus refund policy needs to be changed. It's unreasonable. Especially for commuters

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer
On Behalf of Pissed Consumer Help Center

Based on information found on the Megabus website, the Megabus ticket can’t be cancelled.

But you can trade-in it for an additional fee: “Don’t worry about having to scalp your tickets if you can’t make your bus. As long as it’s more than 3 hours before your scheduled departure, you can trade in your reservation online.

Here’s how:

1. Visit megabus.com, click on “change trip" and enter your order or reservation number along with your email address.

2. Select the reservation you’d like to change and click ‘trade-in.”

3. Follow the on-screen prompts to request a revised reservation using the journey planner menu shown. 4. You did it! We believe bragging rights are in order.

To prevent the bus drivers from starting a search party for you when you change reservations, please note that there’s a minor fee applied to modified booking:

•$3.00 for trade-ins more than 24 hours from departure.

•$5.00 for trade-ins 6 to 24 hours from departure.

•$7.50 for trade-ins 3 to 6 hours from departure.

In addition, there is a $2.50 new reservation fee, or $7 when the change is made by telephone, for changed reservations.”