I dont know if this review would be read by Megabus management or if somebody will even reply to this post. I just want to get it out there...

Me, my husband and my 63 year old mother in law were travelling from Chicago to Louisville as we got a cheap flight from Mumbai to Chicago instead of Louisville. We bought 3 tickets on Megabus for the 11.50 pm bus on 5th July. We waited on Union station for 3 hours as our flight had landed early and we didnt have any other place to go.

Apparently for 1 ticket, we can only carry 1 bag. We missed that part and we accept our mistake.

That attendant started saying that we can only take 3 bags and we have to either throw 1 bag or not board the bus at all..

We tried reasoning with him as we had just traveled for 48 hrs from Mumbai. We asked him if we can buy an extra ticket, we asked him if we can pay extra for the luggage. After a while another attendant came and said if we pay him 20$ he can get our luggage in. We paid him, but the senior attendant refused to put our bags in and left us standing in the square at 12.30 am. We had to sped $600 for the last minute hotel and car hire till Louisville.

Yes, I agree it was our fault that we dint read the instructions but as a service providing company he should have given us some options not just left us there on the road. Its not like we didn't buy 3 tickets. And he also had space for 1 extra bag.

It was the worst experience of our life. Was it done to us because we are Indians?

Review about: Megabus Bus Service.

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments