I was at my bus on time, that is the general location.They gave the general location only, so it took me a while to find the exact location by asking people, so I missed my bus.

I waited for the next bus, and I was told I could get on it, but the next bus had something wrong with it's tire, so they sent for another bus, and half of the people there in line got on it. This was a half hour late for the bus scheduled an hour after mine. The rest of us were told to wait for the next bus (two hours after mine). I decided not to keep waiting when I determined that the next bus would not get me there on time for even my second class.

I had paid for two classes in the destination city. So, not only had I lost the money I paid for my round trip bus, but also for the classes I was missing. I regretted not driving when I missed my bus. Then I would have made it to the classes.

I drove up the following week, and it was so much better! I called Megabus before my departure from NYC (destination city), to at very least get that reservation changed. But they told me to call back after the bus had departed, which made no sense because their policy said they could change reservation only BEFORE a bus departs! So I called back after the bus departure and then I was told, "We're sorry, we can't change reservations because the bus has departed!" Then they told me that I could get a new reservation if I emailed them, since the reason for the failed trip was their broken down bus!

So I emailed them, but was told via email the same thing they'd told me on the phone "We can't change reservation after trip has taken place." So I emailed them again but got no reply. So I called them again and got, well you can only contact the manager to help you via email. And that was that.

Seeing so many other complaints of the same nature here, I am amazed they are still in business.But many, like me, don't bother to look at reviews before trying a bus for the first time!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of megabus bus service from Megabus. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $112 and wants Megabus to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Megabus for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments