Featured Not resolved
1.3

I recently made a return trip on Megabus from Toronto on August 28 , 2019 returning from Buffalo August 30.

I arrived at the Buffalo bus station 40 minutes early for my 11:10 AM bus back to Toronto. I located the area that Megabus departs from and waited for my bus as Coach USA and Coach Canada came and went, but none of the distinctive Megabus coaches arrived.

It seemed as though it must be late so I asked a Coach Canada driver if he could give me any information; he said he was unable to help , that he was there because they used the same stopping area as Megabus. In retrospect I have no idea why this was his response, but this was in fact his his reply.

I'd like to add that I was not alone waiting for this bus, there was a very distressed young woman who told me that because our bus hadnt arrived she would miss an important class.

I called the phone number posted on the Megabus sign and was told to hang up , then call back and ask for a supervisor. When I called back I was told to hang up again and call a Canadian Megabus number. When I called that number I spoke to very unhelpful rude woman who said that my bus had come and gone, that I was supposed to have boarded a Coach Canada bus.

I want to state that I had absolutely no reason to believe I should board anything other than a Megabus coach. I had booked exclusively with Megabus and no other line, and there was no reason I would know they are owned (it seems) by the same company.

The woman on the phone said I should have known to board the Coach Canada bus (why would I know to do so?!?).

She also claimed that the website clearly states that service may be provided by Coach Canada, a claim that is absolutely false.

When I told her of my interaction with the Coach Canada driver (I can't say with certainty that his was the bus I was expected to board) her response was that "it doesn't make sense" , her clear implication was that I fabricated the story. She then told me that it was my responsibility to purchase another ticket, having no other no other choice, I did so at a cost of $29.67 CDN and had to wait many hours for the evening bus.

I live on a limited fixed income so this is a significant amount for me, but it is also the principle involved that is important.

I believe this is unquestionably poor service and I am offended that anyone would be treated this way by your company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Megabus Cons: Poor customer service, Forced to purchase a second ticket, Refund.

• Customer Service Megabus