I was scheduled to travel on Wednesday May 11th 2016 at 8.45pm from Minneapolis. The supervisor told me that I could not board the bus because I had an extra suitcase. this was around 8.20pm. I asked him what I should do to fix the situation because I had to travel that same night. He ignored me and took the next passenger. After a couple minutes, another passenger showed up with extra luggage just like me. The supervisor whispered something in her ear and she went ahead and gave him some cash then her suitcase was loaded and she got on the bus. Time was running and I then spoke to the driver about what I should do so I can travel. The driver tried to speak with the supervisor but he said that l could not get on the bus unless I paid him $ 50 in cash. I told them that I would be able to call customer service and pay for an extra ticket using my card and that I did not have cash on hand. The supervisor was so rude and confrontational with me. He stated that he had no time for me and the next min the bus drove off and the supervisor got in his car and left.
I immediately called customer service to report the issue, I paid for a new ticket and the extra luggage over the phone and they rescheduled me for the Midnight bus. I had to stay at the bus stop till Midnight to board the next bus. The customer service rep told me to file a complaint via email to Mega bus.
At around 11.30pm the same night, the same supervisor showed up to load the midnight bus. He was still rude to me and asking me if I was going to give him $ 50 or spend the night at the bus stop. He did not know that I had purchased a new ticket and an extra one for my luggage. I just ignored him, took a quick picture of him and boarded the bus. I also witnessed him take a couple more fares in cash from customers who did not have tickets or who had extra luggage.
I come from a third world country where giving and accepting bribes is second nature. I have been in the USA for 20 years and that system had been completely erased from my mind. I could not believe I was witnessing such injustice being committed in America the land of the FREE.
Shame on Megabus for allowing such unprofessionalism.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am very disappointed in your services. I was SUPPOSE to have a flight out of Clarksburg, WV on July 7th, 2016, however, that did not happen. My flight was..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "I travelled through Etihad Airways from Ahmedabad to London via Abu Dhabi and my flight details were as below in August FLIGHT EY 227 - ETIHAD AIRWAYS– Ahmedabad to Abu Dhabi FLIGHT..."
- "I'm left with scars and in finished treatment. What was suppose to be a simple procedure tuned into a night mare. I look in the mirror as I try to..."
- "I am so pissed off about the different ways you have given us less toilet paper, and charge us more money. I thought I should just run down to Sears and..."
- "My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be. I suspect a hidden agenda. Gearbest..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."