I was scheduled to travel on Wednesday May 11th 2016 at 8.45pm from Minneapolis. The supervisor told me that I could not board the bus because I had an extra suitcase. this was around 8.20pm. I asked him what I should do to fix the situation because I had to travel that same night. He ignored me and took the next passenger. After a couple minutes, another passenger showed up with extra luggage just like me. The supervisor whispered something in her ear and she went ahead and gave him some cash then her suitcase was loaded and she got on the bus. Time was running and I then spoke to the driver about what I should do so I can travel. The driver tried to speak with the supervisor but he said that l could not get on the bus unless I paid him $ 50 in cash. I told them that I would be able to call customer service and pay for an extra ticket using my card and that I did not have cash on hand. The supervisor was so rude and confrontational with me. He stated that he had no time for me and the next min the bus drove off and the supervisor got in his car and left.
I immediately called customer service to report the issue, I paid for a new ticket and the extra luggage over the phone and they rescheduled me for the Midnight bus. I had to stay at the bus stop till Midnight to board the next bus. The customer service rep told me to file a complaint via email to Mega bus.
At around 11.30pm the same night, the same supervisor showed up to load the midnight bus. He was still rude to me and asking me if I was going to give him $ 50 or spend the night at the bus stop. He did not know that I had purchased a new ticket and an extra one for my luggage. I just ignored him, took a quick picture of him and boarded the bus. I also witnessed him take a couple more fares in cash from customers who did not have tickets or who had extra luggage.
I come from a third world country where giving and accepting bribes is second nature. I have been in the USA for 20 years and that system had been completely erased from my mind. I could not believe I was witnessing such injustice being committed in America the land of the FREE.
Shame on Megabus for allowing such unprofessionalism.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Back on Friday, October 11, 2013, I went from Toronto, Ontario Canada to Caracas, Venezuela with Two (2) Pieces Of Luggage, however, one of the pieces of luggage did NOT..."
- "Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St. Martin for annual family vacation. First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late,..."
- "On September 17, 2016 I was scheduled to catch a Megabus from Durham, NC to Washington, DC to board a train to Chicago. The bus was due to arrive in..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I wanted black stemmed wine glasses to match some I have. The product I got looked CHEAP (though they were $10/glass), and the stem was a smoky grey transparent..."
- "After using Wen all in one hair treatment I noticed more and more hair in the shower stall and the drain protector. Hair was all over the bathroom after towel..."
- "While the baton education and instruction was good, we experienced several large payments that we made to them failing to be applied to our account. We were in communication..."