I was scheduled to travel on Wednesday May 11th 2016 at 8.45pm from Minneapolis. The supervisor told me that I could not board the bus because I had an extra suitcase. this was around 8.20pm. I asked him what I should do to fix the situation because I had to travel that same night. He ignored me and took the next passenger. After a couple minutes, another passenger showed up with extra luggage just like me. The supervisor whispered something in her ear and she went ahead and gave him some cash then her suitcase was loaded and she got on the bus. Time was running and I then spoke to the driver about what I should do so I can travel. The driver tried to speak with the supervisor but he said that l could not get on the bus unless I paid him $ 50 in cash. I told them that I would be able to call customer service and pay for an extra ticket using my card and that I did not have cash on hand. The supervisor was so rude and confrontational with me. He stated that he had no time for me and the next min the bus drove off and the supervisor got in his car and left.
I immediately called customer service to report the issue, I paid for a new ticket and the extra luggage over the phone and they rescheduled me for the Midnight bus. I had to stay at the bus stop till Midnight to board the next bus. The customer service rep told me to file a complaint via email to Mega bus.
At around 11.30pm the same night, the same supervisor showed up to load the midnight bus. He was still rude to me and asking me if I was going to give him $ 50 or spend the night at the bus stop. He did not know that I had purchased a new ticket and an extra one for my luggage. I just ignored him, took a quick picture of him and boarded the bus. I also witnessed him take a couple more fares in cash from customers who did not have tickets or who had extra luggage.
I come from a third world country where giving and accepting bribes is second nature. I have been in the USA for 20 years and that system had been completely erased from my mind. I could not believe I was witnessing such injustice being committed in America the land of the FREE.
Shame on Megabus for allowing such unprofessionalism.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Never again mega bus is horrible. I personally never have taken mega bus but after the bus driver attitude and careless disrespectful aggressive behavior I don't think I ever will..."
- "My son and I went to NY on the lakeshore limited #48, on the way the dining car staff was rude and used profanity in front of my son! we..."
- "My reference number is 415009231409849005239 and my email is jafarreesherwayne@ymail. Com my name is ervin harper...and im complaining because I just made a reservation from Houston to San Antonio and..."
- "I purchased a Tempurpedic Cloud 11 months ago. Original out-gassing was significant but we survived. Over the past couple of months I have woken several times to severe..."
- "I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems..."
- "All we wanted were three matching bar stools, but the third was cut wrong (one of two supports for chair cut three inches short). We had to drive 25 miles..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."