Megabus never arrived, but that is not the worse part...
I was scheduled to leave first on March 27 (06:15) from Liverpool to London and then second attempt on March 28 (02:10) for the same route (an attachment with my account is with this email). I am here to tell you, both buses left early.
I had a friend rush me down to Liverpool One and yes, I was cutting it close, but we both had the same time...06:09...we were there in plenty of time and yes we were told that the bus just took off. Sorry, but I paid for a ticket (yes, it was only 12 pounds, but that's not the point), and it should not have a left more than five to six minutes early.
It was the second incident that really riled me. I was scheduled for 02:10 and I decided to stay at the YHA just down the street on Strand. Trust me, if you don't know this I will tell you, stand 6 from the Liverpool One Bus Station is VERY visible walking down the Strand as it would pull out or in as the YHA hostel is on that same street and it is a straight shot.
Now, I started walking down at least half and hour early and when I got there is at least 14-15 minutes, there was no bus. Two other people showed and were equally confused. Only later did someone (security there) said they saw a Megabus leave on a huge lorry being taken away over an hour prior.
What happened? Did the bus break down? Was there no one to tell us about another bus in its place? Did it leave early and a few of us were left to fend on our own? Was it a case of there were so few bookings on this bus that they didn't bother to send anyone out to tell us?
Perhaps the most depressing thing about it is everyone telling me "it's Megabus, they always pull *** like this." In short, why complain, you know what you should be in for with a ***, discount bus service. What is worse, when I go to consumer comparing outlets like there are loads of similar complaints about your company. Okay, I get it, I didn't lose a fortune with these two tickets. Just 29 quid (43 US Dollars), but I find it maddening that this company could be so proud of bad customer service and buses that leave early. More than a refund on the 29 quid, I really want someone to expelling themselves as to how such poor service is condoned. No worries, I'll sticking with National Express. Yes, they charge more, but at least they get you there.
Now here is what really frustrates me, you can write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org and lodge a legitimate complaint, but get this, they send me this:
The MessageLabs Content Control service has identified that an email sent by you contains profanities.
Um...people, read the message that I just wrote, it's the same message (save the changes of first and third person prose), do you see any profanity? I don't, in short it's Megabus' cowardly, bully-boy attempt to silence legitimate criticism?
You can take your chances with them, they are cheap, but you get what you pay for, in this case, a loss of money as the bus may not show up.
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bus left both early nor arrived the second time
You May Also Like
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "My wife and myself were on Southwest flight 4084 from Dallas Love field(DAL) to Washington Regan(DCA) on July 5th 2015. We chose to sit in the seats 18E and 18F...."
- "2535 Hauser BoulevardLos Angeles, California 90016 Monday, December 21, 2015 c/o Mr. Constantino de Oliveira, Chairman c/o Mr. Paulo Sergio Kakinoff, President & Chief Executive Officerc/o Mr. Sérgio Quito, Chief Operating..."
- "Deplorable actions by Family Court Judge Rena Hughes against a minor child A child’s nightmare; Judge Hughes alienated a daughter from her mother Clark County, Nevada in the 2014 elections former Judge..."
- "We had Zerorez come out last year with no problems and the carpet was totally dry in 4 hours, Great experience! We had Zerorez again come out this year and clean..."
- "Lennar is building in my Tapestry neighborhood in Las Vegas. They are the new "overseers" here. However, Lennar doesn't seem to work with Tapestry HOA, or vice versa, as Tapestry..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."