Number of Destinations

I was scheduled to leave first on March 27 (06:15) from Liverpool to London and then second attempt on March 28 (02:10) for the same route (an attachment with my account is with this email). I am here to tell you, both buses left early.

I had a friend rush me down to Liverpool One and yes, I was cutting it close, but we both had the same time...06:09...we were there in plenty of time and yes we were told that the bus just took off. Sorry, but I paid for a ticket (yes, it was only 12 pounds, but that's not the point), and it should not have a left more than five to six minutes early.

It was the second incident that really riled me. I was scheduled for 02:10 and I decided to stay at the YHA just down the street on Strand. Trust me, if you don't know this I will tell you, stand 6 from the Liverpool One Bus Station is VERY visible walking down the Strand as it would pull out or in as the YHA hostel is on that same street and it is a straight shot.

Now, I started walking down at least half and hour early and when I got there is at least 14-15 minutes, there was no bus. Two other people showed and were equally confused. Only later did someone (security there) said they saw a Megabus leave on a huge lorry being taken away over an hour prior.

What happened? Did the bus break down? Was there no one to tell us about another bus in its place? Did it leave early and a few of us were left to fend on our own? Was it a case of there were so few bookings on this bus that they didn't bother to send anyone out to tell us?

Perhaps the most depressing thing about it is everyone telling me "it's Megabus, they always pull *** like this." In short, why complain, you know what you should be in for with a ***, discount bus service. What is worse, when I go to consumer comparing outlets like there are loads of similar complaints about your company. Okay, I get it, I didn't lose a fortune with these two tickets. Just 29 quid (43 US Dollars), but I find it maddening that this company could be so proud of bad customer service and buses that leave early. More than a refund on the 29 quid, I really want someone to expelling themselves as to how such poor service is condoned. No worries, I'll sticking with National Express. Yes, they charge more, but at least they get you there.

Now here is what really frustrates me, you can write to them at megabus.enquiries@stagecoachbus.com and lodge a legitimate complaint, but get this, they send me this:

alert@notification.messagelabs.com

The MessageLabs Content Control service has identified that an email sent by you contains profanities.

Um...people, read the message that I just wrote, it's the same message (save the changes of first and third person prose), do you see any profanity? I don't, in short it's Megabus' cowardly, bully-boy attempt to silence legitimate criticism?

You can take your chances with them, they are cheap, but you get what you pay for, in this case, a loss of money as the bus may not show up.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $43. Mikethefilmmaker is overall dissatisfied with Megabus and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about megabus bus service at Megabus was bus left both early nor arrived the second time Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Megabus.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Megabus to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments

keithpalmer
Hartford, Connecticut, United States #1326930

megabus is equally adept at zero customer service in the U.S.Respectful customer service is non-existent.

I believe that they take pride in degrading their customers. Great price, abysmal treatment. Their employees are suitably representative of the base company culture.

This on-line bus line hires the dregs of society.For a polar opposite experience, try Concord Coach Lines.