I booked a ticket online from San Jose to Los Angeles for January 2, 2018. I arrived at the bus station at 6:30am for my 7:10am departure and was told that Megabus had cancelled my bus and I would have to call customer service and re-book a later bus that was leaving after 12 noon.

I needed to get home and did not want to wait in the bus station that long and had to book another bus (for more money) that left at 9:15 am. As a result of Megabus cancelling my bus, I had to change my plans and pay more money to get where I was going. When I got my refund from Megabus, it did not include the booking fees. If Megabus cancels your bus (like in my case) they will refund your trip amount, but not the booking fees.

Seems unfair that if THEY canceled your bus and you had to re-book on another line due to needing to get to your destination and not wanting to wait for 5+ hours in a bus station for their next bus, then where's the customer service in that?

Charging a fee and not refunding it due to THEM, that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Beware...

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 09.

Comments