462 views

After arriving in Buffalo on a red-eye flight at the end of February (read: WINTER(, I waiting for a 5 a.m. Megabus pickup that never came.

Three hours after the scheduled departure, I received an email to tell me that the bus route was cancelled for the day. Of course, they already knew this the night before because the bus never left NYC the previous night because of bad weather. No notification was posted on their site, and no one was available until 9 a.m. to provide information either.

I ended up taking a local bus to downtown Buffalo and then catching the next Greyhound--something that I could have done 4 hours earlier had I received notification that the bus I was waiting for wasn't coming.

Now, to top it all off, after two months of calling and emailing, I still have not had a refund for this trip issued to my credit card. What is wrong with these people?

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Location: Quebec, Quebec

Comments

:eek I couldn't believe it when after cancelling due to weather, I tried to get back the next day and was told I needed a NEW confirmation number. I made the change over the phone, but they never mentioned that my number would change and said the person loading the bus would have the info.

Turned out they didn't have a "hand-held" computer and could not look it up. I barely got on, after sitting on the cell phone for over 20 minutes!

Make sure you ASK for any number changes on your reservations. They may not offer it.

BUS HOUR LATE OCT 12 2012 IN DET MICH AT ROSA PARK TRANSIT STATION 4.00 OCLOCK DID NOT SHOW UP 5.00 CAME LEFT 400 OCLOCK PASSENGERS THERE,THIS IS THE SCECOND TIME THIS HAPPEN ,I AM GOING TO REPORT THIS TO BETTER BUSSINESS BREAU

#520111

I can definitely relate to this story. The exact same happened to me on May 10, 2012, when I was traveling from Philly back to D.C.

Megabus cancelled the bus and never made provisions for me to either get a refund nor provide me with another bus. Luckily I had monies to take good ole' reliable Amtrak!

Megabus, you might be cheap, but your customer service is some GARBAGE!!!

This has happened with me twice. The bus never came and when I called them for refun they say that the bus was n ot cancelled just delayed for around 3 hours so they cannot refund.

I have lost $150 like this and I have no clue what to do about it.They never reply. they don't help on phone.

Just got home to DC six hours after leaving NYC. Megabus in NYC has no lines. It is just an unruly mob of angry customers spilling over off the sidewalk. We were three hours late leaving. People were shouting and swearing, and many people just never got on the bus -- because they overbook. Then, the bus driver stopped for an hour in Maryland. Not because he wanted to, but because he had a rule where he had been driving too long and needed to wait for a replacement.

I was supposed to get home by 9 PM. Instead, it's 1 AM.

Never riding Megabus again.

dont take MEGABUS people, it's a nightmare. they have alying dispatcher( the guy who collects tickets and bags before boarding) at 30th and market stop in Philadelphia

Megabus Reviews