100 Cherry St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA

Today 7/9 I took a Megabus from Boston to Burlington. We boarded the bus 10 minutes late at 11:40, and did depart until 12:15.

It appeared that the bus driver lost his keys, or had the wrong ones. No one knew what was going on and understood quite what happened. The driver was being very unclear and all over the place. We finally departed, and two hours into the trip took some sketchy turns and kept going to the side of the road with no explanation.

The driver seemed to be checking out the tires, but informed us everything was fine and we were to continue our trip. Then, about thirty minutes later, I wake up and we are in a parking lot of a high school somewhere in New Hampshire. The driver walks to the back of the bus and mumbles something that is not audible. I asked him to speak up because I am hard of hearing, and he gave me a dirty look and started to explain that the speaker on the bus was broken and this is why he had come back here to explain the situation.

He then walked away and I was informed by other passengers that the bus had broken down, and we either needed to get another bus or call a mechanic. We ended up sitting in that parking lot for around 45 minutes, until a mechanic came and fixed the problem in under 3 minutes. The bus was supposed to arrive to Burlington at 3:25pm and we did not get in until 5:45pm.

I had work at 4:00 that day, and subsequently was 2 hours late to work. This is my only experience with Megabus and I get that things happen but I know I will never purchase a ticket or ride with this service ever again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments