2.8
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

My daughter was using Mega Bus for her weekend trip to home. From U Albany to NYC, there was an hour delay.

Furthermore, when the driver arrived, he checked on everyone’s ticket individually resulted in further delay. On the way back, she purchased a ticket for 12:45 pm on Sunday. This time, my daughter waited there for 2 hours and found out that the bus was cancelled because the driver quit. She couldn’t find a replacement bus on the same day because they were full.

There was no compensation what so ever except short email. She booked next bus on Monday morning and we arrived there 1 min late because of this lady who snatched the taxi in front of us and then heavy traffic. The bus driver saw us but insisted not open the door for us. It’s okay for them to let customers to wait for hours or cancel the bus without any advance notice but not opening the door when a customer is right in front of the driver.

Because of this, my daughter missed the whole day of school and I missed the half day of my work.

When I called the customer service, I waited 30+ minutes on the phone and the phone got automatically hung up. I know that this is a budget bus and you always get what you paid for but this experience was beyond frustrating and brutal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Megabus Bus Service.

Comments