I booked a ticket yesterday for the 7:15pm bus from Baltimore to New York for later that night. I arrived early and stood in line with the rest of the NY travelers. At around 8:15pm, we were informed that, although Megabus had sold us tickets for a 7:15pm bus, the company had failed to secure a bus and a driver. They were sending a bus from Landover, MD, which would arrive at 9:40pm. The woman working for Megabus assured us that we would have first priority for seats on buses that arrive before that. To her credit, she seemed to keep her word.

Luckily, I got the last seat on the 7:45pm bus (which arrived at 8:45pm). I have no idea if the bus ever got there, or what happened to the long line of travelers waiting to get on the bus. When I left, passengers for the 8:45pm bus had arrived and were waiting in line behind the 7:15 and 7:45 passengers.

It's one thing for a bus to be late (and, believe me, the Sunday night BAL-NY bus is always late). But this bus company never even got a bus or a driver -- they sold tickets for a journey that did not exist. Also, the Baltimore stop is at a Park and Ride that is outdoors -- there is one small bus shelter and it was rainy last night. Needless to say, I am NEVER again taking Megabus. I dealt with the delays for awhile, but last night was the last straw. I understand that these trips are generally poorly planned, with traffic delays, overbookings, and the need for new drivers that Megabus never seems to compensate for. But to forget the bus and driver, well that is complete incompetence. I recommend that you take your business elsewhere and let this company just die.

Review about: Megabus Bus Service.

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments