I had a 5:30 pm reservation for a New York-to-Boston bus trip on Friday (August 1, 2008).I arrived at the Megabus' stop at 4:30 pm.

There was a bus waiting and there were seats still available. Therefore, I asked the supervisor if I could take the 4:30 bus and he did not allow. A couple of minutes later, a girl arrived at the bus stop with a 6:30 pm reservation. She asked the same supervisor to take the 4:30 bus and he allowed her without additional fees.

I asked the supervisor again if I could take the 4:30 bus. He, again, did not allow me and suggested me to pay $45 if I still wanted to take the 4:30 bus. I then asked him the reason that he allowed the girl to take it and he said "she's going to love me forever". I felt discriminated and did not feel safe using the company's service with such discriminatory treatment.

I decided to leave and did not use the service at all.

Review about: Megabus Bus Service.

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments

They just did the same to my family of 4.Made a reservation of less than 24 hours from when I was to leave and would not exchange my tickets for a earlier time.

When I called and asked for a higher power they refused me permission.They have no problem over booking and bumping you back off of the bus you made reservations but refuse any exchange when offering money.

#122043

Ya good for you wow you really showed that bus driver.I bet everyone laughed as you left crying.

why didnt you complain or something? instead of finding this random forum to display your ignorance.

You wasted my time.Megabus rocks.

Man you are some sort of wimp.you showed them by not using their service.

Live with it or pay...loser

I ain't like Greyhound and other bus companies dont do the same.I've seen happen with them too.

So you all stopp your griping.If its a freebie you all want, go directly to the company and air your grip directly with them.

Novelda, Valencia, Spain #66919

she's going to love me forever???what the ***???

i hope you reported him immediately!!don't let things like that slide!

monicamarsden

Oh my gosh that is horrible...did you find out who his supervisor or person of higher authority was? I would have reported that, certainly.

" I felt discriminated and did not feel safe using the company's service with such discriminatory treatment. I decided to leave and did not use the service at all."

Enough said, Sister-Sistah-- you are my kinda of sis. That is the way you have to handle the situation-- with dignity and honor. You go sis.

Keep your head up!!!