Memphis, Tennessee

This was my first time dealing with Megabus. I called to make a reservation for my father to leave from Memphis to go to Atlanta.

I paid with my credit card and was given what I thought was a confirmation number. My father went to get on the bus and was told that wasn't the number that they needed in order for him to gain entry onto the bus. The representative that make the reservation DID NOT GIVE ME any other number. My father called me and explained to me that the bus had just pulled off without him.

I called the 1-800 number to report the problem and they told me they would review the recorded call when I made the reservation as they placed me on hold. The representative returned to the line to say that they gave me an ORDER NUMBER AND A RESERVATION NUMBER. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! First of all why would you give an order number and it is not valid for getting onto the bus???

(just ***!!!) He said I would have to purchase another ticket and that my credit card was already charged even though my father was denied getting onto the bus. The representative told me to go online and make a complaint there was NOTHING he could do about refunding my credit card. I asked him so you have took my money and denied my father getting onto the bus and he said yes. WOW!!!

What a RIPOFF!!!

STAY AWAY FROM MEGABUS THEY ARE UNFAIR AND WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES WHO MADE THE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE TELLING ALL OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS ABOUT THIS INCIDENT!

Comments

I work as cust. Service and at the end of the call we tell are you ready to write down the order number then we say the reservation number that u need to board the bus will be sent via text or email but most customers don't pay attention to what we say and ask.

#691973

Same Megabus Customer Non-service :cry

Unfortunately, things like this happens. That's why you have to always ask the right questions and if necessary record the conversation yourself.

You can always assume that the number they gave you was the confirmation number. :upset