I purchased a bus ticket online for a bus leaving at 9am out of new Orleans, Louisiana and arriving in Houston, tx that same day.I am currently in Alabama but I live in Houston and there is no direct route to Houston from where im at so I would have to drive to New Orleans to catch the bus from there.

No big deal. The morning I was supposed to get on the bus my sister called me and told me that due to bad weather in Alabama and Louisiana she would not feel comfortable driving me and that I would need to reschedule. Okay so I called megabus around 5:45-6ish (3 hours before my departure time!!!!) three times from my phone and was never connected with anybody. So I went online to use the trade in ticket option they have on their website but it didn't give me an option to exchange my ticket so i emailed them about my issue around 7:30 and left it at that.

Around 11:30 am I decided to call the megabus "customer service" line from a different phone and was finally connected to an agent who was very rude. I informed her of my situation and she told me my only option would be to trade my ticket for another ticket leaving out the same day, which the only one available was 11:40 pm I would have no way to get to New Orleans that late so I asked her could I exchange it for the next day at the same time and place I originally purchased my ticket and she rudely informed me that I could only exchange it for a same day ticket or I basically lose my money and have to buy another ticket. After going back and forth about this "policy" I decided to ask for a supervisor at which that time she said she would have to disconnect the call and hung up in my face while I was still talking. Very rude.

I called back and immediately asked for a supervisor and was put on the phone with the same exact person who hung up on me!!The people who work their customer service center are very unprofessional and seem to only care about how many calls they answer not the customers issues!!

Review about: Megabus Bus Ticket.

1.7
Quality of Food
Number of Destinations
Level of Comfort
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Megabus Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Megabus?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion