Megabus Reviews

Show reviews that mention
bus service customer service customer ticket driver trip refund mega bus money
Filter review

Megabus leaves you stranded without a word

Champaign-Chicago.Waited for 3.5hrs after a vm from Megabus that they would depart an hr late. No further communication from them in over 3hrs. Their customer service line was closed and there was no one to ask about status. At least in this location we could wait inside a building but if you're in Chicago, you'll be waiting outside. I had to have my parents drive the 5hrs roundtrip to come get me. But hey, when I called them this morning to complain they said, we're sorry but they didn't have an explanation. I don't care how cheap they are - never again.

With some internet searching, found out Megabus is owned by Stagecoach a company out of Scotland. USA is supposedly run by a COO, but if my search is right, he is not even in America.

Stagecoach's mission or outcomes have nothing to do with customer service so it doesn't look like that will improve. Come on American innovators- you can put this business out of business with good old American customer service!!

Had my first and last experience on Megabus. With 7 other people in my group, I have never seen such a mess at that "bus station".

They are a lawsuit waiting to happen. Leaving Chicago's station 1/2 late, on some other bus (not a megabus since they obviously overbook) people trying to be first, pushing like cattle, no way of identifying buses from the side (our bus was not even marked in any way!) I had elderly people with me who almost passed out waiting the hour and a half in direct sun with no place to sit or be in shade.

Unbelievable! I plan trips for family and friends- I will never do megabus again :(

i was waiting outside at buffalo airport for over 2.5 hours the bus was late because they went back to pick up some *** who walked away from bus- not our fault , we are freezing outside (children too)- tried calling megabus said they had no way of knowing where bus was ... since when do drivers not have cell phones????and how did that *** end up calling him and having the bus return???

then after half hour on the phone with megabus the lady gave us a new customer number and we were on hold for half an hour... no help came . they have our numbers from when we book our tickets . someone should have called to tell us to go back into the airport and stay warm and then they would call us when they were close.

they have no regard for their customers. Today i have been on the phone with megabus ( 5 different numbers ) to find out the CEO mailing address to mail him directly . One girl said she had no idea who owned the company and wouldnt help.

I will not stop.

YOUR BEST BET IS TO NOT USE MEGABUS EVER !!!!!!

View more comments (2)
New York, New York
Megabus Customer Care

Why Have a Timetable>>>

We used megabus for the 1st time friday night, and what a joke; never again..I was told sternly by the very unfriendly woman on the other end of the phone when i made my booking, to make certain to be there 15 mins before it was due to leave; Why? We were waiting nearly an hour freezing in the m iddle of town before it rolled in with no apologises from the miserable driver. Now to make matters even worse, now on the wway back, i need megabus to be on time so i can get my last bus home. It started out on time but pulled up and parked for 20 mins for no apparent reason! If i miss my last bus home, im stuck, as i have no taxi fare and all the trains to my area end at 11pm. You may be a cheaper way to travel megabus, but if you carry on like this, believe me people will not bother; im not again. J1 Taylor
Woking, England
I booked Megabus tickets for my daughter and her friend to attend a university open day in Leeds (travelling from London, Victoria Coach Station)and paid £24.50 including the booking fee. I had to change the date the next day and was told by their customeer helpline...

i booked a ticker to travel and my plans changed and they wont refung or reschedule my trip. i am so up set. i will nover booked with them again what a scam.

View more comments
Woking, England

Megabus Ripoff

contacted your service center and spoke to Evelyn Ford (ID #762168) regarding my son who is travelling from Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO. He was scheduled to take the 4:30 p.m. bus. He left Milwaukee, WI at 2:00 p.m. to head to Chicago, IL by car. He ended up being stuck in traffic (I94 Construction) until 3:00. Arrived in downtown Chicago at 4:35 and missed the bus. He had no money on him and mom is broke. She refused to offer assistance other than purchasing another ticket. I am utterly disturbed at Megabus' definition of customer service. In essence you pocket $20 for being 5 minutes late and offer no compensation. I asked if there was anything at all she can do to assist and she flatly refused. I plan to post this complaint online for the world to see unless I get a complete explanation from your company explaining your employees insensitivity to this situation.

How can they advertise £1 fares then charge £50 for a 1 way ticket.

And that's the problem with customers like you. You think that your entitled to everything and have the "customer is always right" attitude.

Its not their fault your grown adult kid missed the bus. He should have given himself more then enough time to get where he needs to be. Your supposed to take that into account, not them. I mean that's like showing up to a job interview 15 minutes late because of traffic.

PLAN AHEAD! Do you really think the employer cares?

Oh, poor thing! He missed the bus because he was late, and wants Megabus to make it up.

Shame on Megabus for leaving on time and not having everyone else wait for this guy show up after being "stuck in traffic".

Megabus, you keep doing your thing. Because we responsible people really appreciate it when transportation companies leave on time.

had my sister lined up to visit me for an important family meeting. after repeatedly telling her the night before that all she has to do is get there on time with the printout.

She calls me 17 minutes later saying she missed the bus. she's got kids with her.

says she was only 5 minutes late. hoping she makes the next bus.

:sigh

Dude, if you're late for the bus, it leaves. ame with planes and choo choo trains.

They don't wait for YOU, and they don't owe you anything if you're late. Suck it up. Do you know how cheap Megabus is?

Buck up, losers. Weak complaint.

No, he should of just waited there until the next bus came. The customer service woman might of been a *** but if you miss your bus and they have room on the next one they'll probobly let you on. You just need to wait there for that next bus and show them your ticket and explain what happened.

Seriously?? Seriously??

Your son needs to plan better and you need to stop pointing your finger. Maybe your attitude has led to "mom being broke" in life.

Grow up. :cry

Megabus will always be alright with me!!!

thats terrible, he missed his connecting bus because of traffic. Not his fault and the bus company should make amends, put the kid on another connecting bus.

This happens with the airlines and they try to connect passengers when this type of situation occurs. Its only right!

View more comments (11)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Megabus Bus Service
Loss
I had a 5:30 pm reservation for a New York-to-Boston bus trip on Friday (August 1, 2008). I arrived at the Megabus' stop at 4:30 pm. There was a bus waiting and there were seats still available. Therefore, I asked the supervisor if I could take the 4:30 bus and he...

They just did the same to my family of 4. Made a reservation of less than 24 hours from when I was to leave and would not exchange my tickets for a earlier time.

When I called and asked for a higher power they refused me permission. They have no problem over booking and bumping you back off of the bus you made reservations but refuse any exchange when offering money.

View more comments