I purchased a ticket for my daughter to return to Indianapolis from Chicago.Her bus was scheduled to leave on Saturday, January 5, 2014 at 6pm.
I called megabus early to make sure the bus was still scheduled to depart on time. The service rep stated it was still leaving on time and if there was a delay or cancellation, I would receive a call and/or an email per the information I used when I scheduled her ticket. She got there early with her grandpa to make sure she was able to get a good seat and not miss her bus. Approximately 7:30 pm, I receive a call from my daughter stating that the bus had not arrived.
I had not received an email or a call (as specified by not only the site but the service rep who answered my call earlier when I inquired about the bus leaving on time). I was furious! I called Megabus and let the poor little service rep have it! I did apologize to the service rep who answered my call because I had to realize, this was not her doing.
Fortunately my dad was still waiting with my daughter and took her back to the house. My ticket was refunded but I was/am still furious about the process and lack of professional courtesy. Why stipulate policies that are supposedly in place if you are NOT adhering to them??? Let us fast forward to today, January 9, 2014.
My daughter scheduled her ticket for today, departing from Chicago to Indianapolis at 6pm. Guess what?!?!?! Received a call from my daughter at 6:45pm. She is still on the bus and it has not left the station yet.
The bus driver stated that they were going to board another bus but he was still allowing passengers to board the one they were on (which should have departed at 6pm) I called the service line yet again (why I put myself through this stress is beyond me). The person, and I use this term loosely, was nothing short of clueless offering every idiotic excuse he could muster from his pre-formulated megabus excuse manual. The basics is: The megabus left hand has no clue what the megabus right hand is doing and the passengers get screwed in between the mess both hands are making.
So, it is now 7:38pm and my daughter has not left the station and I have no idea if they are leaving at all, or if the bus has been cancelled.I am trying to contain my anger and pure dusgust with Megabus at this time but as a parent, it is not an easy feat.f041862 review #469900
You may also like
- "I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago. I was on my way to an appointment. Going there, I didn't know how to work the..."
- "I'm posting this to see if there's anyone who has seen my carry-on luggage. I left New York on January 12th at 11:05pm to go to State College. The final..."
- "When my 75 year old grandmother, Alexandra, bought tickets to travel by Amtrak from Washington to Montreal she never thought that this trip would became a nightmare and would cost..."
- "Bobopedic mattress separated from topper foam after less than 3 years. Refused to do anything. Surly dopey nasty phone clerks. Bob hires them to protect himself from warranty claims. Cheap..."
- "I was involved in an accident & the Police report was inaccurate. State Farm paided out without reviewing my claim or vehicle for damages. The Police report reads hit drivers..."
- "Six months ago I banned an annoying little fella from my Cam4 broadcast room because he kept giving me orders and making rude demands. Unfortunately that minor rejection flicked a..."
- "I am member of the Find A Grave forums, but probably not for much longer. On September 26, 2009, under the thread: Subject line reaction was the following joke:..."
- "I was driving west bound in Chicago when I was struck from a careless driver who seems to have lost control of his motorcycle. He struck my vehicle from..."
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."