I purchased a ticket for my daughter to return to Indianapolis from Chicago.Her bus was scheduled to leave on Saturday, January 5, 2014 at 6pm.
I called megabus early to make sure the bus was still scheduled to depart on time. The service rep stated it was still leaving on time and if there was a delay or cancellation, I would receive a call and/or an email per the information I used when I scheduled her ticket. She got there early with her grandpa to make sure she was able to get a good seat and not miss her bus. Approximately 7:30 pm, I receive a call from my daughter stating that the bus had not arrived.
I had not received an email or a call (as specified by not only the site but the service rep who answered my call earlier when I inquired about the bus leaving on time). I was furious! I called Megabus and let the poor little service rep have it! I did apologize to the service rep who answered my call because I had to realize, this was not her doing.
Fortunately my dad was still waiting with my daughter and took her back to the house. My ticket was refunded but I was/am still furious about the process and lack of professional courtesy. Why stipulate policies that are supposedly in place if you are NOT adhering to them??? Let us fast forward to today, January 9, 2014.
My daughter scheduled her ticket for today, departing from Chicago to Indianapolis at 6pm. Guess what?!?!?! Received a call from my daughter at 6:45pm. She is still on the bus and it has not left the station yet.
The bus driver stated that they were going to board another bus but he was still allowing passengers to board the one they were on (which should have departed at 6pm) I called the service line yet again (why I put myself through this stress is beyond me). The person, and I use this term loosely, was nothing short of clueless offering every idiotic excuse he could muster from his pre-formulated megabus excuse manual. The basics is: The megabus left hand has no clue what the megabus right hand is doing and the passengers get screwed in between the mess both hands are making.
So, it is now 7:38pm and my daughter has not left the station and I have no idea if they are leaving at all, or if the bus has been cancelled.I am trying to contain my anger and pure dusgust with Megabus at this time but as a parent, it is not an easy feat.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The summary of events are as follows: â€¢ I flew round trip to Montego Bay on American Airline, July 2-7 where I purchased two 3 ft tall hand carved figures made of..."
- "Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St. Martin for annual family vacation. First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late,..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "The market place put me in a plan With$500 deductible and $2000 out of pocket with Blue Cross and Blue shield. Then when I received the letter it was a..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "www.jbarrlaw.com - Attorney Joseph Barr, places his client at risk by outright theft of property which he refuses to return and failing to agree to stop distributing private information..."
- "I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything. The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles". It seemed obvious that the cap was..."
- "I ordered a women's jacket and based on their sizing chart, I needed a large. When I was placing the order there was a sign on the top of their..."
- "Visited this store to purchase a baby shower gift for a newborn baby. I found the below pictures item. Was told by Jeff Gieb at the Edgewood Town Center location..."